Friday, April 13, 2012

Talking About Emma Grace

Hi everyone, it's Reese! Today, I decided to ask my mom about the girl named Emma Grace. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, I talked about Emma before, here, and more recently, here.) This is what happened.

It was around 1 p.m. today. Everyone was off doing their own things, and I was alone. My mom was sitting at her computer, editing a video (I think). I glanced over at Samantha in the kitchen, wearing her ballet leotard, and eating a bowl of Cheerios. Samantha left the room, taking her Winnie the Pooh bowl with her, still full of Cheerios. Deciding that the coast was clear, I walked over to my mom.

"Mom, can I talk to you about something?" I asked.

"Sure thing honey." My mom said, closing her computer, and setting it aside. (By the way, I don't think that the video has been edited.)

"Mom, who's Emma Grace? I- I wasn't trying to snoop, I just..."

"Hang on there sweetie. Where in the world did you hear about Emma Grace?"

"I heard you talking on the phone a few times, and-"

"You're right Reese. I've been meaning to tell this to all of you. Go get all of your sisters, and meet me back here in the living room, okay?"


After all seven of us were sitting on the various living room furniture, my mom began. (It took a while to get everyone downstairs!) She began by explaining how she was thinking about adopting a new girl, named Emma Grace. Emma is an actress from New York City, and fourteen years old. However, there have been some issues. It's been difficult trying to convince Emma's guardian, Lucy, to let us adopt her.  Not to mention the fact that if we were able to adopt Emma, it wouldn't be until May. (This is because of all of the legal stuff that my mom has to deal with.) None the less, my mom still hopes to adopt her and bring her here, to our cozy little suburban (is that even a word?) home.

All of our reactions were very different. Isabella shrieked in excitement for a new girl her age. Maggie just sighed, and told mom to do what she felt was best. Samantha began bouncing up and down (literally!) and asking all about her. My mom told Samantha that Emma was fourteen (If we are able to adopt Emma, she would be fifteen by the time that she arrived.), has long caramel-colored hair and aqua eyes, and that Emma is very petite. Anna sighed, and asked, "Great, another new girl?" Katie seemed happy, although it was hard to tell. Nellie and I smiled and told mom that we would love to have Emma here.

So, Emma Grace is a real girl, and possibly our new sister! I hope that we can adopt her, although the legal stuff, and convincing Lucy (Emma's guardian) seems as if it is going to prove to be very difficult. Do you think we'll be able to adopt Emma?

Love,
Reese <3



4 comments:

  1. Wow, that's great news! I'm glad you asked your mom. I think that was a smart thing to do. I'm sure it was awkward at the time, but now you know for sure. I hope it all works out!

    I'm still curious, though. I wonder why Emma suddenly needs a new home at her age? I wonder why she may not be staying with Lucy, if things have worked out with the guardianship up till now? I wonder how, if she comes to you, Emma will feel about leaving her current guardian? I hope you'll be able to find out more!

    Love,
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Summer! It is great news that Emma might be coming! However, it might not be so easy to deal with all of the legal stuff. My mom made it sound like it would take a while.

      I'm curious as well! I wonder if Lucy wasn't an appropriate guardian. Emma might want to leave, but I wonder if she would be scared to come here, after not knowing us her whole life.

      Thanks for the well wishes!

      Love,
      Reese <3

      Delete
    2. Yeah, honestly that's what I was wondering - if maybe Lucy is mistreating Emma somehow. I hope not... but Kara doesn't seem like the kind of person who would randomly disrupt a girl's life just because she wanted to raise another kid. If she's fighting to get Emma away from Lucy, there has to be some kind of reason. I just hope Emma is okay and nothing too bad is happening.

      It may be hard for Emma to trust you at first, but I'm sure she'll warm up and get more comfortable with time.

      Love,
      Summer

      Delete
    3. Hi again Summer! I agree- that sounds like what's happening here. When Samantha asked for more information, my mom didn't give away much. I also agree that my mom wouldn't only want to get Emma just to have another girl. I mean, it just doesn't add up. I hope Emma's okay!

      If what we think is true, then you're right; Emma might not trust us at first. That is, if we can get her here.

      Love,
      Reese <3

      Delete