Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!

Hi everyone, it's Reese! Happy Easter Sunday to all of you who celebrate! If not, I hope you have a wonderful day! :) Can you believe Easter is in March this year? It feels so strange, seeing that Easter is usually in April. I encourage you to always remember that the true meaning of Easter is to celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus.

I spent the entire day with my family, so unfortunately, I don't have any pictures. I will tell you all about my day though- it was wonderful! To begin the day, my cousins, Maggie, Anna, Katie, and Grace came to our house (they're visiting from Boston!) and we had breakfast together. Our parents cooked us a wonderful breakfast of pancakes, eggs, toast, hash browns, bacon, and fresh orange juice. Imagine 14 people together under one roof! Our home is fairly large, but that's a lot of people! XD Afterwards, we got our Easter baskets from the front step. They were filled with candy and small little toys. Thank you mom and dad! :) After we all got a little crazy on candy, we went on an Easter egg hunt in our backyard. There were 50 eggs hidden and Becca found the most- 21! Wow!

For the rest of the day, we relaxed and hung out together until we had dinner around 2:30 pm. It's been a while since my sisters and I have seen our cousins, so we had a lot to catch up on. Our dinner consisted of ham, vegetables, rolls, and some other food. For dessert, we all decorated sugar cookies and Emma and I made cake pops! The food tasted amazing after a long day of Easter-egg hunting and snacking on candy and treats. :)

What did you all do for Easter? We had a wonderful day!

Love,
Reese <3

P.S. Look for a guest post from Emma coming up within the next three days! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment