Saturday, November 24, 2012

Becca's Journey Part 1

Hi everyone, it's Reese! Do you remember the girl Becca from this post? Well, today, I bring you more news on our soon-to-be sister.

Early this morning, around 6 a.m., Emma couldn't sleep and neither could I. Emma has been tossing and turning all night long.

"Reese," Emma whispered in her soft voice. "will you come find mom with me?"

"Of course," I whispered. "is something wrong Emmie?"

"No. Well, yes. I am terribly worried that Becca won't like me! What is she wants nothing to do with me Reese?"

"I'm sure that Becca will love you Emma. You are sweet, kind, and an amazing friend. Now let's go talk to mom, okay?"

Emma and I walked down the hallway, quietly padding along with bare feet. When we found mom in her office, Emma and I were both surprised. Mom never starts working until at least 10 a.m. on Saturdays. This was highly unusual.

We had a very long discussion, but I won't write it out here, because some of it was very personal. It turns out that Becca is due to arrive either today or Monday. This came as an immediate shock to us both. Of course, once everyone else woke up, we told them the news.

Mom said that we should be on the look out for Becca to make her feel welcome. According to my mom, Becca has short curly brown hair, hazel eyes, glasses, and a small figure like Emma. Her full name is Rebecca Abigail. However, everyone calls her Becca as a nickname. She is from the Big Apple, New York City.

I can't believe that Becca is supposed to arrive so soon. It will be the first time that a new sister has arrived at our door instead of us going to her. It's no wonder that Emma has been so quiet and worried lately. I don't know what to think! I wonder what Becca will be like...

Love,
Reese <3

2 comments:

  1. Salut, Reese!
    We saw the photos of Becca; she is absolutely gorgeous! Is Emma doing okay? Is she getting along with Becca? Will Becca do a guest post?
    Sorry for all the questions! I just want to "meet" her!
    Bisous,
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sabine!

      Becca says thank you for the compliments! Emma and Becca have been spending a lot of time together getting to know each other. Becca and Emma are both relatively shy before they really get to know people, so things were a bit awkward at first. However, they get along quite well now. I think it was just rather shocking for both girls.

      Becca will definitely do a guest post! However, she and Emma have been considering making a blog of their own, so who knows? :)

      Love,
      Reese <3

      Delete