Monday, April 2, 2012

A New Girl?

Hi everyone, it's Reese, reporting some important news. This may be a rumor, or it may be true. We're not sure yet.

Last night, it was around 10:00 p.m. when I was crawling into bed. I saw a light on in my mom (Emily)'s bedroom. This was not unusual, but something seemed wrong. I decided to investigate the situation. While wearing my lavender pajamas, I crept down the hall to the bathroom and shut the door. I could hear mom pretty well across the hall.

"Yes, yes, I do want Emma." My mom said in a stressed voice. "How long will it take? May? But that's in two months from now!"

I didn't know what she was talking about, but it made me feel worried. Who was Emma? Why was my mom talking about when she would be coming?

Was Emma a new girl?

I decided to go back to my bedroom to try to get some sleep. After all, tomorrow was Monday, which meant school for me. Still, I couldn't manage to fall asleep. Who was Emma? I didn't want to be replaced! I've only been here since December, and now someone else is arriving?

Quietly, I heard my mom enter my bedroom. Quickly, without a sound, I pretended to be asleep. My mom turned off my lamp, took my Algebra/Trig notebook from where it was sitting on my bed, and left the room. I breathed a silent sigh of relief.

That's all I know so far. I fell asleep shortly afterwards, around 10:30 p.m.

Who do you think Emma is? How would you react to this situation?

Love,
Reese <3


10 comments:

  1. Hmmmm .. we love getting new sisters, but it is hard sometimes to be the new girl as hard as it is to be the one before the new girl. I would just welcome her and try to be friends with her, just work at enjoying your new sister if that is who is coming.

    Hugs,
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Taryn! I'll try my best to welcome Emma if she is coming. Thanks for the advice!

      Love,
      Reese <3

      Delete
  2. Well... it sounds like Kara is considering adopting another girl. That doesn't have to be a bad thing, though. It doesn't mean you're being replaced.

    You know Kara loves you, right? That isn't going to change. She can love another girl and still love you.

    I think you should try not to worry about this. It might be fun, having a new sister.

    Being sisters has been great for us!

    Love,
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Summer! It might be exciting to have a new girl around. I promise that I'll try not to worry too much.

      Love,
      Reese <3

      Delete
  3. I don't think Kara would replace you - Summer's right - she loves you. She may be trying to adopt a new girl for you to befriend. Maybe she thinks you need a companion. :)
    -Kellee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kellee! I hope my mom wouldn't replace me! I just got here in December. I would enjoy having another girl around though...

      Love,
      Reese <3

      Delete
  4. Aww, don't worry, Reese. You won't be replaced. Who knows, maybe Emma will be your new best friend?

    -Sophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sophie! Thanks, I hope that Emma and I will be friends!

      Love,
      Reese <3

      Delete
  5. Hi Reese,

    A new girl could be exciting. Sisters are a lot of fun to have. I couldn't imagine not having my sisters!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily! You're right; Emma could be fun.

      Love,
      Reese <3

      Delete