Tuesday, April 10, 2012

New information about a new girl

Hi everyone, it's Reese! I hope you had a great Easter a few days ago. Do you remember when I wrote the post about a possible new girl? In the comments, some of you speculated about my mom adopting a new girl. Over the course of a week, I've become more fond of the idea of having another girl around. Today, I found out some new information.

Around noon today, my mom was on the telephone again. I've noticed that she's been making a lot of calls lately. She hasn't been using her "regular" voice either; instead, a more serious tone.

I heard the name Emma Grace used a lot. I also heard references to a woman named Lucy in Washington. Descriptions of a young girl were heard on the other end of the line: fourteen, heart-shaped face, long caramel hair, and aqua eyes. I'm not sure what any of those had to do with anything, but I thought I would add those in here. After these things, the most serious thing happened. My mom said,

"Okay, I can work with May. I'll meet her then, I suppose?"

It definitely sounds like someone else is coming. I think her name is Emma Grace, and she's fourteen years old.

What do you think of the situation? Should I tell my other sisters? Do you think Emma's coming in May? However, this could not be for us. My mom has worked at adoption agencies before, but she's never taken any home calls.

I don't really know what to think, but I have a gut feeling that Emma Grace will be my new sister.

Love,
Reese <3

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Reese! Happy belated Easter!

    Yeah, it really does sound like Emma is going to be your new sister in May. What your mom said sounds more like a personal call than something for work.

    I would talk to your mom before you talk to your sisters, though... you don't want to spread misinformation throughout your whole family if you're wrong, know what I mean?

    If I were you, I would tell your mom you accidentally overheard her talking on the phone about a girl named Emma Grace. (Yes, you were snooping a little, but you did initially overhear by accident, so you're not really lying.) Then just see how she responds. She might not be ready to tell you yet... but you also might get the real scoop, and you'll know for sure it's true.

    Good luck! I hope you get a new sister and that she's nice!

    Love,
    Summer

    P.S. Emma Grace sounds like she looks a lot like our sister Marie-Grace, which is cool. M-G is really pretty. I bet Emma will be too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Summer!

      Yes, I do think Emma will be arriving in May as well. The tone she used suggested something more personal.

      I agree with you; I think I'll talk to my mom soon. I don't want to misinform anyone (especially my sister Anna, who kind of likes to er, gossip)! I hope she doesn't think I was eavesdropping! Well, I was in a way...

      Thanks! I hope that Emma's nice!

      Love,
      Reese <3

      P.S. Thanks! She does sound a lot like Marie-Grace! How funny! :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you know what's coming. Hope you all get along great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bean! Thanks for the well wishes! :)

      Love,
      Reese <3

      Delete