Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Hunger Games!

Hi everyone, it's Reese! (Sorry that I haven't blogged in a while; school's been crazy!) Last night, I went to see The Hunger Games movie with Nellie and my mom, Emily. (Disclaimer: These are just my personal opinions on the movie, so please no mean comments! There are also a few spoilers ahead.) I loved the movie!

I read the books about a year ago. Because of the storyline, I knew that the movie would be PG-13. It was amazing to see on the big screen. I loved Jennifer Lawrence and I feel that she played the role of Katniss perfectly!

I don't want to give away too much, as I don't want to spoil it. However, the violent parts are pretty quick, but if you're a sensitive person, it might be too much for you. Another part of the movie that I disliked was the shaky cameras. They used this on purpose of scenes such as the fire scene, when Katniss is running. This is also used in the violent parts. For the shaky camera, I mainly had to just look away, as shaky cameras make me sick. I definitely loved this movie, and I even got a mockingjay pin!

However, there are some parts of the movie that I feel could have been done better. In the scenes where Rue and Katniss develop an alliance, they cut out a lot of the details. I wish that they had included more on how Rue reminded Katniss of Prim. They also cut out scenes with Madge, Greasy Sae, Gale, and the red-headed Avox girl. They also made the cave scenes with Peeta very short. None the less, the film was 2 hours and 22 minutes, so it was plenty long.

Again, I don't want to give too much away, so if you want to know more, ask me directly, or even more exciting, go see the movie! I love The Hunger Games!

Love,
Reese 

P.S. Happy late birthday to Maggie and Isabella! The twins turned 15 on March 25th! A post should be up sometime in the near future.

P.P.S. Spring break begins on Thursday, April 5th! Once break begins, lots of blog posts will be on the way!

P.P.P.S. Happy April Fools' Day! Do you have any tricks planned?

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Reese! This is Summer.

    Some of the girls in our family went and saw the movie on Friday, and we really liked it! Those of us who saw the movie (our youngest sisters didn't go) had also read the book, and it was fun to compare them.

    We did have some minor quibbles with it, but overall we thought it was good, and we expected some things would be different from the book... whether for length or just because not everything is as easy to explain with images as with words.

    Blakeney cried through a lot of it. She really likes Rue and felt bad for all the other tributes.

    I didn't cry, but at one part (Rue) I got tears in my eyes, too.

    I'm glad you liked the movie! Thanks for sharing your thoughts about it.

    Love,
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Summer! I really liked the movie too! I think I liked the book just a tad bit better, but that's just my opinion. I thought that the actors and actresses were amazing! Nellie cried too when Rue died. :(

      Love,
      Reese <3

      P.S. Thanks! We're really excited for spring break!

      Delete
  2. P.S. I hope you have fun on your spring break!

    We didn't do any big pranks today, just changed our blog banner to something silly, which you saw already.

    ~Summer

    ReplyDelete