Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Summertime and Shows Part 3

Hi everyone, it's Reese! Sorry I haven't been blogging lately, but this should explain why.

Tech week (the week before opening night)is this week for Beauty and the Beast is this week! It is so crazy busy, fun, and exhausting all at once. One of our biggest problems seems to be microphones. It's hard to find mics for your scene because there are only about 8 usable mics. The sound stage crew is working really hard to fix it though!

I am so proud of Emma! She and her understudy Courtney are working so hard. It must be difficult to be in almost every scene.

I am really happy with my role as Mrs. Potts. It is a good sized role for my first show. This is Emma's first show here at Ridgeway, but she has been in shows in the past with other theater groups. I get to sing Beauty and the Beast at the end of the show, which I love.

Mr. R. is going insane over getting the final parts of the show ready. Everyone is putting in so much work for 3 shows. I love the little community formed by the students that do the show.

I am typing this on my iPod right now, as we have rehearsal every day for 4 hours. I need to go get in costume now and rehearse. I'll update you after this weekend!

Love,
Reese <3

6 comments:

  1. Salut, Reese!
    Good luck to you, Emma, and everyone else in the show! I'm sure it will be fantastic! Let us know how opening night goes!
    Bisous,
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sabine! I will be sure to post again after this weekend. :)

      Love,
      Reese <3

      Delete
  2. How fun! Can't wait to hear how it went. We're seeing Beauty and the Beast this upcoming weekend actually! It's my favorite fairytale. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice! Emma and I are working on a new post right now, Beauty and the Beast is my favorite too! :)

      Love,
      Reese <3

      Delete