Thursday, August 16, 2012

Summertime and Shows Part 4

Hi everyone, it's Reese and Emma! Today we will be discussing tech week and our show, Beauty and the Beast. I (Reese) will be typing in purple and I (Emma) will be typing in pink. The black represents both of us talking.

Where should we begin Emma?

Um, let's start with the last few days of tech week.

Okay! You might remember tech week from Summertime and Shows Part 3. I talked about it a little in that post, but not much. We'll tell you more about it now.

Tech week was so crazy! It was so difficult to run back and forth to the theater downtown. We had to be in full costume everyday. Most days, we didn't even eat dinner!

When you are living tech week, you just want it to end. However, now I kinda miss it...

On Friday, August 10, we had to be at the theater at 5 pm for a 7 pm performance. You might be wondering, what takes 2 hours? Well, we have to get into costumes, do hair and makeup, and do mic checks.

People began arriving at the theater around 6:30 pm. By 7 pm, the theater was packed! It was nervewracking to have so many people there, but at the same time, it was so exciting!

Backstage that night, I had no idea where my costume was, as it was not where I had left it backstage the day before. The "Belle" number was about to begin and I would have missed my cue if it wasn't my my understudy Courtney. She had found my costume with Mr. R. and quickly helped me change. I rushed backstage, right in time for my cue! :)

The performance was absolutely wonderful! :) Being my first show, I made so many new friends and I am so excited for the large fall show. 

Before we went on, everyone was so nervous. I was especially worried about my "Beauty and the Beast" scene at the end. Luckily Reese would be in that scene as well and she and Courtney reassured me.

The other two shows on Saturday were just as wonderful! To be perfectly honest though, I think out best performance was on opening night!

One of the problems that always strikes is the microphones. We have to make sure the mics are on and working. It was a pain to put a mic on with my yellow Belle dress!

We were prepared for a few of the mics to go out. Unfortunately, some did. It was the closing scene of Beauty and the Beast when it happened. The curtain was about to open when a buzzing noise came from my mic and it died. I did not have enough time to go get another mic from the sound table and by that time, the curtain was rising. We were in our places and I had to sing at the top of our lungs to be heard.

At the end of each performance, we all took bows. When Chris (Beast/Adam) was bowing with me, Courtney joined us as well. She definitely deserved it as much as the rest of us. Courtney and I are now great friends!

The show was such an amazing experience that I will never forget.

Belle is actually my favorite Disney princess!

After the final show, it is always a tradition to go out to eat. The cast decided on Friendly's. It was so much fun to be there at 9 p.m.! :)

Yeah, that was so much fun Reese! 

I am so glad that we participated in the production!

Me too! I made a few new friends and had so many amazing times!

Thank you to all of the cast and crew, and of course, Mr. R.!

Love,
Reese <3 and Emma :)

P.S. Anna's 14th birthday is tomorrow! Our cousins are visiting us tomorrow through Sunday! :) Happy early birthday Anna!

2 comments:

  1. Salut, Reese and Emma!
    I'm glad the show went well! Being in a performance like that sounds like it would be a lot of fun!
    I just want to let you know that you won our giveaway- félicitation!
    Bisous,
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sabine! :) The show was a lot of fun. :)

      Thanks again! I'll e-mail your human. :)

      Love,
      Reese <3

      Delete