Monday, May 7, 2012

Fighting for Emma Part 2

Hi everyone, it's Reese! I have some really great news and some terrible news to share today about Emma. If you remember, my last post about Emma was on April 25. That was two weeks ago. In Fighting for Emma Part 1, I told you that Lucy was abusing Emma. During this time, the agency only told us one thing- Lucy was still trying to find a way to kill Emma and make it appear as if she didn't do it. For two weeks, we've been worried sick that Emma is getting hurt. Badly hurt. Today, my mom let us in on some new information from the police. Here's the situation.

My mother contacted the adoption agency and CPS on April 26 about our theories confirming the ideas that Emma is being mistreated. I can't go into all of the specifics here and now, because my mom wouldn't tell us. She told us that it was much too violent for us to hear about. None the less, read on, because they believed us. We got a few of Emma's teachers to contact CPS as well. Luckily, we were able to catch Lucy in the act.

In turn, the adoption agency and CPS immediately contacted the police. This, however, turned out to be difficult due to the fact that Emma lives on the other side of the country in Washington State. I live extremely far away. However, my very close friend Emery lives in Seattle. I immediately e-mailed Emery and told her about the entire situation. She contacted the police, and found out that Emma lives about 50 miles south of Seattle in a small, poor neighborhood. The police caught Lucy in the act as she was holding a knife to Emma's throat and had her pinned to the ground. From what we've been told, Emma was badly injured and was hospitalized. The police had Lucy arrested and put in jail. She is currently awaiting a trial. If she is found to be guilty, she will be put to death. According to the police, Lucy swore revenge on Emma. I only hope that she can be held responsible for the terrible things she did!

You may be wondering, "What happened to Emma?" Well, that's what I'm about to talk about.

Emma is currently in an orphanage. From what CPS told us, Emma is still recovering, but she could not afford to stay in the hospital more than the time that she needed. My mom plans to fly to Washington next week, and that's hopefully when our next update will come.

We are definitely looking into adopting Emma as soon as we can. However, the orphanage is proving to make this difficult. They will not let her out of the orphanage until two weeks after she arrived. That's not until about the middle/end of May. We do not want Emma trapped there. That's why my mom's going to Washington next week- to try to adopt Emma sooner.

That's all we know for now. Pretty intense, huh? I'm so worried for Emma, but I'm relieved that Lucy didn't kill her. None the less, she wants revenge. I'm so worried!

Love,
Reese <3

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Reese. This is Bree again.

    I'm really, really glad that Emma got out of this alive. I'm sorry she got hurt, though - and it worries me that Lucy might still try for revenge if she finds a way.

    Be careful, okay? Even with Lucy in jail, she still may have friends who would hurt Emma for her, or she might even hire someone. I don't mean to scare you, but don't get complacent just because she's behind bars.

    I feel really bad for Emma, and I hope she can come home soon. I know the orphanage is trying to help - provide a transition, and stuff - but sometimes a clean break is best. At least, it was in my case.

    All the best to all of you, including Emma. :-)

    Love,
    Bree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bree!

      I'm so glad that Emma's alive as well. I am worried about the same things, so everyone around here will be extra cautious.

      I want Emma to come as well. It looks like the end of May, but anything can change at any given moment. I mean, I understand that the orphanage is trying to help, but I wish that she could be here now to begin a new and better life.

      Thanks Bree :)

      Love,
      Reese <3

      Delete