Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A Combination of Things: dolls, games, food, dance, renovations, and friendships!

Hi everyone, it's Reese! I'm sorry that I've been kind of absent from blogging for a while. Our house is getting re-done and the workers are in here a lot. I don't have much time to blog, but the time is increasing. Oh and you'll see more about the renovations at the end of this post. :) This blog post is going to be about a wide variety of things, and it will be very long. 

First of all, Samantha had one of her last dance competitions of the season on Saturday. I took these pictures right before she left to go to the studio.


                                                         
Samantha won first place in the 14 to 15 age division for her pointe solo. We're all so proud of her!

Secondly, on Saturday, mom made all of us a big lunch. I had pancakes with a yogurt and a strawberry smoothie. (Yes, I do realize that this isn't very, er, lunch-y. I had a pancake craving, what can I say?) Isabella had a turkey and lettuce sub sandwich with a soda.




Thirdly, I bought a new bracelet! It has a heart stone and clear beads. I love it so much!



Fourth, Isabella gave me her Josefina doll and I gave her my Ivy doll. I look more like Josefina and Isabella looks more like Ivy, so it's all good. Here's a picture of my pretty Josefina!


Fifth, mom bought us all this cool game called Apples to Apples. I'd never heard of it, but Isabella used to play it a lot. It's a really fun game. All four of us- me, Samantha, Nellie, and Isabella all played. It was so much fun! Mom caught a few pictures.






Sixth, we're doing some renovations. Like I said before, I don't have much blogging time, but I hope this super-duper long post makes up for that. But don't worry, more blog posts are planned and coming soon! Here are some pictures that Samantha took of our house as it is right now. This is only the ground floor, because the second and third floors are in chaos.

 Call it what you want, a study, an office, or something else. We call it the study for obvious reasons. In this room is our desk, a bookshelf, a chair, and a few bags. We're in need of a few more decorations,
but those will be coming soon.

This is the bedroom shared by Isabella and I. If we can get custody and adopt Emma, she will be sleeping in here as well. Samantha and Nellie are planning to have another bedroom. Isabella and I are going for a pink and black theme in here.


Lastly, I want to talk about a few friendship-related things. Isabella and I have been getting much closer lately, and so have Samantha and Nellie. I don't want to abandon Nellie as a friend, but Isabella is so kind and sweet. I don't know what to do!


If you've read this far, I'm very impressed! More posts will be on the way soon. Love ya all!

Love,
Reese <3

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Allison! Maggie's away at a camp with a few other sisters. I'll be doing a blog post about that soon.
      Love,
      Reese <3

      Delete
  2. Hi Reese. This is Bree. :-)

    Congrats to Samantha on her competition success! What an awesome accomplishment.

    I love your new bracelet, and how fun that you played Apples to Apples. I'd never played it before I moved here, but my sisters taught me how to play (not that the rules are tough to figure out) and we really love it now.

    Your renovations look awesome so far!

    Regarding the friend thing, I don't think you have to choose. You can be good friends with both of them, and if you find yourself spending more time with one than the other... well, that's okay. That's how friendships sometimes naturally evolve. It doesn't mean you aren't still a good friend to the other one.

    Love,
    Bree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bree! Samantha says thank you! I really love Apples to Apples. It's really addicting! Isabella and I have been playing it almost every day. Thanks!

      You're right- I think I will be good friends with Nellie and Isabella.

      Love,
      Reese <3

      Delete
  3. Congratulations to Samantha! I'm not en pointe yet, but I should start this year if I get moved up to Girls IV at my ballet school.

    Renovations sound super exciting!

    <3,
    Inky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Inky!

      I hope you get moved up to Girls IV! Best of luck! It took Samantha almost five years to get en pointe.

      Thanks! Renovations are still making everything crazy, but it's fun!

      Love,
      Reese <3

      Delete