Thursday, May 17, 2012

Fighting for Emma Part 4

Hi everyone, it's Reese! Right at this very moment, I am in Washington State with Isabella, Samantha, and Nellie. We decided to fly out to Seattle earlier than expected. (We all decided to bring our schoolwork with us. Yes, it is unpleasant, but I got most of it completed on the plane. Samantha still hasn't started hers, but we all have a History report to write.) We contacted the airline, and apparently, a few people who had bought tickets did not need them anymore, so we got three free tickets, and space on a plane to fly to Seattle. When we reached Seattle at about 6:00 a.m. this morning, we drove three hours to where the adoption agency is located.

It was rather last-minute that we decided to fly to Washington before this weekend. On Wednesday, my dad was on the phone with my mom. According to my mom, the two week period (the time that the orphanage requires before adoption) is almost up. More specifically, the two week period will end on May 21st. The soonest we would be able to adopt Emma would be on May 22nd, her 15th birthday. Anyways, my parents want to adopt Emma as soon as possible to get her into a more friendly and less stressful environment.

Do you remember when I told you that the orphanage had reported some sightings of people asking for Emma and lurking around? We have more information on that as well. We now know for a fact that these people are working for Lucy. We have no idea how she was able to hire or force these people to work for her, but she's still in prison. Since her trial involved attempted murder, it occurred yesterday, May 16th. She was found guilty. However, she will not be killed. Instead, she is being transported to a high security prison (they didn't tell us the name) not in the United States.

The orphanage caught one of these people working for Emma. When a worker went into the room where Emma and a few other girls sleep, a young woman, in her late teens, was peering into the window. They called the police immediately. The police forced this girl to confess that she was working for Lucy in an attempt to kill Emma.

I'm not sure how they will get rid of these people. It scares me that these people could still kill Emma, despite the fact that the police know who they are.

Now that we are in Washington, we had a two hour meeting with Emma, some of the adoption agency workers, Emma's social service worker, a few orphanage workers, and of course, my family. My family and I thoroughly expressed how much we would love to make Emma a part of our family. My sisters and I showed identification and babysitting reviews from people who we have babysat. My parents showed identification and their records. I have no idea if they trust us or not. They told us to come back tomorrow at 9:00 a.m. to have a four hour meeting, with a lunch break where it will only be me, my sisters, and Emma. I'm not sure what to think of the lunch. I'm not sure if I should be nervous or excited. What do you think?

Love,
Reese <3


2 comments:

  1. How scary! I hope you're able to bring Emma home soon, and I'm glad you get to meet her.

    I think it's normal to be both excited and nervous. I'm sure Emma is excited and nervous, too.

    Love,
    Bree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bree!

      I hope that Emma can come soon as well! I am still scared for her safety at the orphanage. I do realize that they are keeping her as safe as they can, but I hope that they can find a permanent way to get rid of these people.

      I think you're right- Emma's probably excited to be adopted, but nervous as well.

      Love,
      Reese <3

      Delete