Friday, July 27, 2012

Massachusetts Vacation Day One: Natick!

Hi everyone, it's Reese! Right now, I am sitting in a hotel in Boston! Tomorrow we'll head to Cape Cod. :)

This morning at 8:30 a.m., we (my family and I) left on a long drive to Boston. Luckily, the drive seemed to go by quickly because we had a lot of fun. We watched Modern Family on the portable DVD player, ate lunch, and relaxed.

At 1:30 p.m., we arrived at our destination: Natick, Massachusetts! For an hour, we relaxed at the hotel.   At 2:30 p.m., we drove across the street (literally!) to the Natick Mall.

Our first stop was the American Girl store!!! We spent an hour walking around the two levels, taking pictures and admiring other dolls. I made a good friend named McKenna, but unfortunately we did not chat for long. I met many other kind dolls as well and I even saw some animals such as horses and a cat that looked similar to Katie's cat Licorice. My favorite item in the store was easily McKenna's fabulous loft bed! I begged my mom to buy it and even reasoned with the fact that more than one of us dolls back home could use it. However, she decided that she was not going to spend that much money. At American Girl Place, I got a pair of pink pajamas, logo jeans, a Boston t-shirt, and...

Okay, now here's the big surprise- I got my ears pierced! I also bought the Birthstone Earrings separately. Right now, I am wearing the star-shaped silver earrings. My ears are sore, but it is so worth it! I am so happy to finally have pierced ears! :)

Afterwards, we went shopping at XXI Forever (a.k.a. Forever 21). We also went to the Lego store. We also went to another small toy store. One of the boys got a strawberry smoothie at Red Mango. There were other stores that we went to, but these are just a few.

For dinner, we went to P.F. Chang's for Chinese food. I ate pork dumplings and they were delicious! Another 10 minute AG stop took place. We also got two slices of cheesecake to eat in our hotel room later, Hershey's and Snickers. Yum!

The Natick Mall is so ginormous! It has 2 floors and it is amazing! The decorations were beautiful. They had food from sushi to frozen yogurt!

Back at our hotel called the Hampton Inn on Speen Street, I received an AG bed! It is a pink flip bed with a pillow and a blanket. I love it so much! It is so wonderful to be able to sleep in a bed just my size.

Right now, I am typing this blog post while I am cuddling with my unicorn pillow pet. I miss my sisters and pets, but I'll see them soon. Emma was going to come with me, but she found out last-minute that she had to stay home for rehearsals. I really wish that she had came, but I know that she is having fun with all of our sisters and the people at Beauty and the Beast musical practices.

I am so glad and grateful to be able to have come along on this amazing trip and I am having the time of my life. I miss everyone at home a lot, but mom is here and I'll be home in a week. Oh, I have also claimed mom's stuffed animal bear mine, mwahaha! (lol) :) I am working on a vlog of my trip. It should be posted when we get home next week.

Tomorrow we are going to downtown Boston to see Harvard and then drive to our house in Brewster in Cape Cod! :)

Love,
Reese <3

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! That sounds like so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess! I'm having the time of my life right now! :)
      Love,
      Reese <3

      Delete
  2. Thanks Emma! I'm glad you liked it. :)
    Love,
    Reese <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salut, Reese!
    A trip and getting your ears pierced? I'm so jealous! I haven't been on any cool trips the summer. The next best thing to a trip I get is packing my things and going back to the college with the person in the fall.
    I have always wanted to get my ears pierced, but my sister is kind-of controlling and wouldn't let me. I'm not afraid of her anymore, so maybe I will get mine done someday.
    Oh, awesome- I love Forever21!!! Did you know that is where the outfits for Hannah Montana were originally purchased before they were custom-made? Of course I like that store!
    Have a fun rest of your journey! I'm looking forward to photos!
    Bisous,
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sabine! (Sorry for the late reply!)

      I was very lucky to go to an AG store! This is my first time. :) I hope you go on a fun trip someday! Wow, college? I love college atmospheres- the dorms, campus, everything! :)

      I think that you should get your ears pierced, despite what Sandrine says. You're your own person. :)

      Wow, really? I love Hannah Montana!

      Thanks Sabine! Photos will be up next week. :)

      Love,
      Reese <3

      Delete