Sunday, July 29, 2012

Summertime and Shows: Part 2

Hi, it's Emma! You may be wondering why I am typing right now instead of Reese. Ree e-mailed me and told me that she would like me to write Part 2, because I am playing Belle in Beauty and the Beast. I was surprised, but also excited. This is my first blog post!

Last Friday was my first play practice with only Mr. R. and myself. I was a bit nervous because I usually have others with me at play practices. When I got to the theater downtown, Mr. R. probably knew I was nervous because he reassured me that everything would be fine.

We went over some music and I began to practice my lines. Despite reassurance, I was still scared. About an hour after we began, I set down my music and stopped singing. Surprised, Mr. R. said:

"Emma, are you okay?"

"Yes," I said. "I'm fine."

"Are you sure? It's not like you to stop in the middle of something Emma. Would you like to talk about something on your mind?"

"Well, I suppose. You see, my sister Reese left on vacation today. I miss her a lot."

Afterwards, we chatted for a few minutes and he gave me some extra reassurance that I would be a great Belle. We practiced for another hour, and then my Aunt Alexis came to pick me up.

On Friday, I also met my cousins Maggie, Anna, Katie, and Grace for the first time. You see, Isabella, Samantha, Nellie, and I are staying at their home until Reese and my mom return home.

Anyways, Anna wants us all to play a game of soccer now. I'll talk to you soon! :)

Lots of Love,
Emma :)

No comments:

Post a Comment